what is a chiropractic adjustment?
A chiropractic adjustment is a specific and controlled impulse through the spine with the goal of restoring a degree of lost motion within the joints, easing muscle tension and decreasing stress on the nervous system. Following the adjustment, many times an audible release, also known as a cavitation, is produced due to the release of gas within the joint space.
What to expect on your first visit to see us?
As you enter our office, you will be greeted by our receptionist and she will give you the necessary paperwork to fill out. Upon competition, you and the doctor will go over the paperwork and take a detailed history followed by a thorough examination in order to determine the cause of your discomfort. We will then discuss what our history and examination is telling us and given we are the appropriate health care provider for you, we will begin our course of chiropractic care!
chiropractic effectively treats
- Back and neck pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Discomfort in extremities
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Numbness and tingling in arms, legs, hands and feet
- Disc disorders
- Chronic muscle and joint pain
- Sports injuries
At True Health and Fitness, Dr. Kevin offers a wide variety of chiropractic techniques that best suit each individual’s needs. All patients are not created the same, which is why we customize each treatment to each individual. In addition to chiropractic adjustments, we also offer:
- Moist Heat: Used to reduce muscle tension and pain.
- Flexion and Distraction: Low force technique used to stretch the muscles of the back and increase intervertebral disc space. Great for treating herniated discs and restoring movement to the spine for those who cannot take high velocity adjustments.
- Electrical Stimulation: This is used to elicit muscle contraction to increase blood flow to the injured area, increase healing time and reduce pain.
- Ultrasound Therapy: Used to stimulate the tissue beneath the skin to increase blood flow to the area, increase healing time and reduce pain, swelling and edema.
- Myofascial Release Therapy: Safe and gentle method of restoring motion and reducing muscle tension by decreasing connective tissue adhesions within muscles.
- Trigger Point Therapy: This is specific and isolated pressure placed onto the source of pain with the benefits of reducing muscle tension and decreasing pain at the source.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization: With the use of specific instruments, we are able to get into specific muscle groups and break up any connective tissue adhesions and restore proper function.
- Rehabilitative Exercises: Exercises and stretches designed to give you long term relief and keep your body’s health in optimal performance.
Dr. Kevin Andrews
Undergrad: B.S. from Penn State University
Graduate: Doctorate from New York Chiropractic College
- Adjunctive Techniques
- ISSA Personal Training Certificate
- Spartan SGX coach